We had the opportunity to have an hour-long live video chat with a man (a friend of Ron sir) who is on the front lines in Ukraine, helping innocent civilians by bringing them food and offering to take them to safety in shelters far from the danger of war zone.
This is a great way to educate our youth, by giving them these sorts of rare opportunities to understand other cultures, other concepts, world history, current events, applicable English language, and to sort through it all in order to formulate their own opinions and world-views.
We thank Brad for taking the time to give our students a rare look into the life of someone who has decided to risk his own life in order to help others.
And, we thank our students for formulating such poignant and relevant questions. The questions drove right to the heart of the matter:
- Why are you risking your life in order to help strangers in a different country?
- What brings you fulfillment? Doesn’t material possessions and living a nice life give you fulfillment? Does helping others bring you fulfillment?
- Why are you helping people when their own government and their own people aren’t doing what you are doing?
- Will this war remain as is, or will it gain momentum and become a major world war?
- Are people there afraid of you? Do they trust you? How do you gain their trust?
It was a very unique and educational opportunity for our students, and for Brad in Ukraine as well.